Wednesday, June 29, 2011

It's Wednesday!


That means it's beauty inspiration follow-up day! Wednesdays are all about getting even closer to our beauty inspirations. It can be by recreating a look, getting a couple questions answered... anything! This week's follow up is a Taylor Swift inspired look. Read on!
I used my Conair Infiniti Curling Wand, I'm sure everyone knows what this is by now!
I curled half inch to one inch sections of  hair to get this look.
The makeup I used for this Taylor Swift inspired look:
ELF 100 color eye palette
Body Shop face primer
ELF tinted moisturizer
Benefit erase paste
Maybeline Dream Matte powder
LUSH  lip scrub
Nivea chap stick
ELF Natural Nymph lipstick
ELF Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Baby Lips
Benefit Stay Don't Stray
NYC liquid liner
Revlon creme quad in Black Magic
Tarte eyelash curler
ELF eye widener (white eyeliner)
Rimmel black eyeliner
Three mascaras: Too Faced Lashlight, Rimmel Lash Accelerator, and Bare Minerals Buxom Lash
Too Faced eyeshadow palette
Sonia Kashuk Highlight brush, ELF Studio Powder brush, ELF blending brush, ELF studio concealer brush,  and ELF studio eyeshadow C brush.

Okay, that was quite a mouthful. You may use whatever products you like to recreate the look, that's the fun part! Here's a rundown on how I achieved my Taylor Swift look.

-Prime your face with your favorite primer.
-Slap on a tinted moisturizer. I like this better than liquid foundation because it keeps everything a little lighter and more natural, just like Taylor's skin. 
-Use a concealer to cover any blemishes and under eye circles you may have.
-Set your makeup with a powder, this will help keep you shine free!
-Prime your eyelids.
-Use a black base (I used my Revlon quad for this, but a NYX jumbo pencil or a black pencil eyeliner will work... anything along these lines) and fill in the outer two thirds of your eyelid up to your crease. Create a soft swoop along the outside to get a subtle cat eye. Be sure not to get any black on the inner corners. Use a blending brush to smooth and soften this. 
-Now take a black eyeshadow and use the same blending brush and swirl this onto the lid, directly where you placed the black base.
-Using an eye shadow brush, use a shimmery flesh toned color in your inner third. Use the same color to highlight your brow bone.
-Use the blending brush to blend everything together, as well as any harsh lines. 
-Use liquid or gel liner to make a really thin thin along the entire lash line.
-Line your inner corner and your cheek one with a white eyeliner for a highlight.
-Use a black pencil liner to line your water line and tight line all the way around.
-Curl your lashes and apply a thick coat of one or more mascaras. If you have false lashes, this is a good time to use them!
-Apply a light flush of color to your cheeks. I used a soft peachy pink color from  Too Faced, but you can use whatever compliments your skin tone best.
-Prepare your lips however you like, I used a scrub and a chap stick.
-Use a light pink to nude color lipstick, then apply a pinky nude gloss. This will pull the look together as well as tone down the eyes.

When you're done with hair and makeup, you should get something like this!





This is the Too Faced palette I used for blush and my inner corner and highlight color. It's a customized one I received as a gift so I'm not sure of the colors.

Hope you enjoyed!




2 comments:

  1. OMG I love your hair!!! :D

    Is that your natural hair color?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to get back to you so late, I'm having some computer trouble. Haha, but no, unfortunately that is not my natural color. I'm a blonde!

    ReplyDelete